- For defenders
- How can I help?
Admin and Publications Internship 2013: deadline 19 July 2013
Front Line, The International Foundation for the Protection of Human Rights Defenders invites applications for a 51 week Admin Internship. The internship will be based in Front Line's office in Blackrock, Co. Dublin.
The successful candidate will have excellent clerical and computer skills as well as practical experience in an administratve role. He/she will be able to demonstrate their commitment to human rights and their understanding of international issues. He/she must be able to work in English and a second language (French, Spanish, Arabic or Russian). He/she will be able to work on own initiative and as a member of a team. He/she will have excellent oral and written communication skills. He/she will be flexible and co-operative.
He/she will be trained in relation to Human Rights Defenders; the UN Declaration on Human Rights Defenders; the Mandate of the UN Special Rapporteur; the role of Front Line Defenders and other national and international organisations in the support and protection of Human Rights Defenders.
Basic Terms of reference:
- answer telephone, take messages and deal with routine queries and correspondence;
- arrange flights, visas and accommodation for visiting human rights defenders and other guests
- responsible for office stationery and supplies
- coordinate mailouts of Front Line publications
- assist with organisation of events
- coordinate translation of website and other correspondance;
- record minutes of weekly team meetings
- oversee upkeep of Front Line apartment
- undertake clerical tasks such as faxing, photocopying, word processing, data entry, collating, emailing and filing;
- liaise with volunteers on specific projects
- work on specific projects relating to Human Rights Defenders as requested;
Honorarium: €1100 per month Dublin
The next internship will be starting in August/September 2013. Applications comprising a cover letter and CV should be sent to Tara Madden, Program Manager, Front Line by 19 July 2013. Applications can be sent by email to email@example.com or by post to:
Front Line Defenders
Please put the name of the position you are applying for in the subject bar of your email.
In providing protection and support to human rights defenders, Front Line Defenders and its staff are committed to:
- focus on the primacy and centrality of defenders;
- demonstrate profound respect and empathy for defenders;
- meet the needs expressed by the defenders in a fast, flexible and relentless manner;
- achieve tangible impact;
- act with independence, impartiality and integrity;
- perform with dedication, professionalism and accountability;
- show transparency and openness;
- develop participative and cooperative relations.